The ‘National Innovation and Start-up Policy 2019 for students and faculty in HEIs was launched on 11th September 2019.This policy intends to guide HEIs for promoting students’ driven innovations & start-ups and to engage the students and faculty in innovation and start up activities in campus. The policy aims at enabling HEIs to build, streamline and strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in campus and will be instrumental in leveraging the potential of student’s creative problem solving and entrepreneurial mind-set, and promoting a strong intra and inter institutional partnerships with ecosystem enablers and different stakeholders at regional, national and international level.
Capital Engineering College (CEC) adopted the NISP of MHRD to encourage students as well research-oriented faculty towards Innovation and Entrepreneurship related activities. CEC also formed an Innovation and startup policy named “CEC- Innovation and Startup Policy (CEC-ISP)” aligned with National Innovation and Startup Policy (NISP) 2019. The institute strictly follows the policy for motivating the young minds to pursue their career in Startup and Entrepreneurship.
To create an ecosystem to promote Innovation and Entrepreneurship among students, faculty and local community and guide them towards successful startups and enterprises.
- Integrate innovation and entrepreneurship courses as a part of academics.
- Develop innovation and incubation ecosystem by conducting Hackathons, Ideathons and design competitions
- Create collaboration with industry and academic experts to share expertise on innovation and entrepreneurship
- Conduct pre-scheduled awareness and training programs on social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Establish the required infrastructure to support the ecosystem